Getting into bootloader mode

• I'm having trouble getting the device into bootloader mode. When I do the following I end up with an unresponsive device until I hold down the reset switch for a while and disconnect the USB cable.

1. Press button on the side and Mono shows openmono.com/start info
    2. I attach USB cable to my Mac (OSX 10.11.5) and mono
    3. I press and hold the reset switch with a clips
    4. I press and hold down the user button on the side
    5. I release the reset switch
    6. I release the user button
    7. I see a black screen on mono
    8. Running "monoprog -d" using terminal on OSX shows:
      sudo monoprog -d
      Mono device not detected on USB ports.
      Make sure that Mono's bootloader is waiting for Host communication.
    9. I repeat step 8 for a while but nothing happens
    10. Pressing reset and waiting for a while reloads the openmono.com/start screen

• @thomaschristensen said in Getting into bootloader mode:

1. I press and hold the reset switch with a clips
    2. I press and hold down the user button on the side
    3. I release the reset switch
    4. I release the user button

These steps will bring Mono into bootloader.

Can you put mono into bootloader and then open System Profiler (Oplysninger om system in danish.) Just open Spotlight and type system profiler.

In the left column click USB and look for the a devices called something like PSoC3 Bootloader. If you do not see it, then please check that your USB cable is not a power only cable.

• I have the same problem from win 10. Without trying to put in bootloader mode I can se the device connected, but when in bootloader mode it looses connection.
    /Henrik

C:\Users\henr832g>monoprog -d
    Mono device not detected on USB ports.
    Make sure that Mono's bootloader is waiting for Host communication.
    Could not get access to USB device, maybe you need to use sudo?

• After a reboot of OSX, I can now bring mono into bootloader mode by following the steps above. Did not change a thing.

• @henrik If you still have the issue, please check to see if Mono appears in Device Manager after you put it into bootloader? It presents itself as: PSoC3 Bootloader

• Not getting into Bootloader mode no matter what. I am using OS X, I tried rebooting my MacBook Pro, followed the instructions, nothing happens. It goes blank for a second, and then back to the "Get started on openmono.com/start.. Really frustrating. Can't do anything with this..

• My bad.. Got this working :-)