Wifi not working after update to 1.1 on Windows 10



  • @stoffera
    Hi, tried it, and did not work. Same error, same problem.
    I downloaded the weather app from the kiosk, and it works, I can see both from the serial and also the screen, that it connects and downloads.

    The strange thing is that all this worked on the first version 1.0. Are you sure there is no bug in the code after 1.0 ?

    Ola



  • @stoffera
    Hi again,
    I downloaded the mono_framework from Git, and recompiled it on my computer. Now it seems like Wifi is working again.

    Ola



  • @ogj Great to hear it is working.

    Are you using your own compiled Mono Framework, by downloading the source from GitHub?
    Or are you using the precompiled libraries we distribute with the SDK? (That is the bundled installer package)



  • @stoffera
    Hi again,
    I just downloaded the framework from github, followed your guide, recomplied it, and copied the header files. So I am using the same framework as the installer, but somehow it works now.

    Ola



  • @stoffera
    Hi again, Well it seems like there is a new error now, this one keeps comming every time I try to start using the wifi.

    Error response for command: 0x51. Error code: 0xbb38
    failed to handle incoming response for resp queue head

    I have seen that someone has talking about this error before, and your response was that sometimes it can come. But for me it is every time.

    Can you please try to figure out why this is happening to me ?

    Ola



  • @ogj said in Wifi not working after update to 1.1 on Windows 10:

    Error response for command: 0x51. Error code: 0xbb38
    failed to handle incoming response for resp queue head

    Yes, the error code 0xbb38 is coming from the Wireless module. According to their documentation it means "Trying to connect non-existenting TCP server socket."

    Usually I get around it by just doing the http request again.

    I suspect it is bug inside the Wifi modules firmware. We are currently discussing the possibilities of a field upgrade of the Wifi module. But it is not something that is ready soon.



  • @stoffera
    Hi again,
    Can you please share an example where you do this ?

    Ola



  • Hi @ogj, I have been looking into the issue and it seems I made a bug in the HttpClient class when I updated it to support custom HTTP ports.

    I have just committed a fix to the mono_framework repo, that you can pull from and re-compile your library.

    Now the module should not respond with 0xbb38.

    Check for errors on HttpClient

    Still you can check for error on your http requests. HttpClient has an error callback:

    setErrorCallback<MyClass>(MyClass *cnxt, MyClass::void (MyClass::*method)(network::INetworkRequest::ErrorEvent *));
    

    Just like you install a dataReady callback or Completion callback, you can set an error callback. A common error would be INetworkRequest::COMMUNICATION_ERROR



  • @stoffera
    Hi,
    YEAH !
    It works now! Thanks for the help.

    Ola


Log in to reply