Wifi not working after update to 1.1 on Windows 10



  • Hi,
    After I updated to version 1.1, non of my Wifi projects are working. Mono only blinks and makes a beeping sound. I use windows 10.
    What is wrong ?

    Ola



  • Hi @ogj, it might be caused by a different binary interface in 1.0 and 1.1. Try deleting the build directory in your project folders. and rebuilt the project.

    This this does not work, could you please share the code here or with me in a PM?



  • This post is deleted!


  • Hi,
    Here is my code :

    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AryRIHdAlJQS1yEfgEiYXrZ4Lbce

    ps: I also tested with the 1.2.1 version, but no luck.

    Ola



  • @ogj I will look at you code tonight and what I can make of it



  • @stoffera Wow !, you must have long days in Denmark, 7 days, still no night ? :)

    Ola



  • Hi @ogj , Im so sorry - it had slipped my mind!

    I have looked at your code at it seems fine. I also tried it on my Wifi at home, and it did work.

    Have you looked at the serial port output, the Wifi library is pretty verbose. See Using Mono’s Serial port

    It should look something like this:

    resp frame cmd id: 0x10
    resp frame cmd id: 0x11
    resp frame cmd id: 0x12
    resp frame cmd id: 0x13
    Scan found 7 APs:
     * G?æstenetv?ærk, rssi: 67
     * D?øllefjelde-Musse net, rssi: 67
     * fiberby.dk-24HYZO, rssi: 69
     * fiberby.dk-24YUYA, rssi: 77
     * fiberby.dk-24LMKR, rssi: 79
     * Linksys04913, rssi: 83
     * TDC-9A0D, rssi: 83
    Unexpected response for C1 command, not zero but 0x80!
    resp frame cmd id: 0x14
    Joined Wifi Network!
    resp frame cmd id: 0x41
    Network Ready!
    


  • @stoffera
    Hi,
    Here is the error fom serial:
    display full paint time: 41669
    Unsupported format: 8, valid formats are: 8,16 & 32.

    Ola



  • The message Unsupported format: 8, valid formats are: 8,16 & 32. Comes from the SPI communication code

    The err msg can also be triggered by an uninitialized SPI port. Make sure you have initialized the SPI, before passing it to the ModuleSPICommunication object.

    You do that in the code you have sent me. If you have not changed it, try to rebuild your project after an deleting the build directory.



  • @stoffera
    Hi, tried it, and did not work. Same error, same problem.
    I downloaded the weather app from the kiosk, and it works, I can see both from the serial and also the screen, that it connects and downloads.

    The strange thing is that all this worked on the first version 1.0. Are you sure there is no bug in the code after 1.0 ?

    Ola



  • @stoffera
    Hi again,
    I downloaded the mono_framework from Git, and recompiled it on my computer. Now it seems like Wifi is working again.

    Ola



  • @ogj Great to hear it is working.

    Are you using your own compiled Mono Framework, by downloading the source from GitHub?
    Or are you using the precompiled libraries we distribute with the SDK? (That is the bundled installer package)



  • @stoffera
    Hi again,
    I just downloaded the framework from github, followed your guide, recomplied it, and copied the header files. So I am using the same framework as the installer, but somehow it works now.

    Ola



  • @stoffera
    Hi again, Well it seems like there is a new error now, this one keeps comming every time I try to start using the wifi.

    Error response for command: 0x51. Error code: 0xbb38
    failed to handle incoming response for resp queue head

    I have seen that someone has talking about this error before, and your response was that sometimes it can come. But for me it is every time.

    Can you please try to figure out why this is happening to me ?

    Ola



  • @ogj said in Wifi not working after update to 1.1 on Windows 10:

    Error response for command: 0x51. Error code: 0xbb38
    failed to handle incoming response for resp queue head

    Yes, the error code 0xbb38 is coming from the Wireless module. According to their documentation it means "Trying to connect non-existenting TCP server socket."

    Usually I get around it by just doing the http request again.

    I suspect it is bug inside the Wifi modules firmware. We are currently discussing the possibilities of a field upgrade of the Wifi module. But it is not something that is ready soon.



  • @stoffera
    Hi again,
    Can you please share an example where you do this ?

    Ola



  • Hi @ogj, I have been looking into the issue and it seems I made a bug in the HttpClient class when I updated it to support custom HTTP ports.

    I have just committed a fix to the mono_framework repo, that you can pull from and re-compile your library.

    Now the module should not respond with 0xbb38.

    Check for errors on HttpClient

    Still you can check for error on your http requests. HttpClient has an error callback:

    setErrorCallback<MyClass>(MyClass *cnxt, MyClass::void (MyClass::*method)(network::INetworkRequest::ErrorEvent *));
    

    Just like you install a dataReady callback or Completion callback, you can set an error callback. A common error would be INetworkRequest::COMMUNICATION_ERROR



  • @stoffera
    Hi,
    YEAH !
    It works now! Thanks for the help.

    Ola


Log in to reply