Trying to call periodically a function, mono keep flashing

• Hi,

I've just tested the sample here : http://developer.openmono.com/en/latest/tutorials/periodicly_call_a_function.html

I've c/c the .h & .cpp files, but when I run "make install", mono is programmed and then its screen keep flashing over and over.

Does anybody have encounter the same issue ?

Thanks,

Arnaud

• I had an issue with a bigger program ... for me it was helpful to read the logoutput of mono: http://developer.openmono.com/en/latest/tutorials/using-monos-serial-port.html

I think it happens if there is an runtime issue while startup ... but thats just my interpretation

• I just spent three nights ripping my hair out over this issue.

Try deleting build/mono_default_main.o and rebuilding.

My guess is that if you have changed app_controller.h or app_controller.cpp, mono_default_main should also be rebuilt, but this isn't happening automagically.

• Indeed, removing mono_defalt_main.o seems to do the trick!

Nice catch ;-)

Thanks!

• Hi all,

First, @khchiang I hope my makefile has not left you completely bald headed :-)
    I have tried setting up the make system, such that changed dependencies are recompiled automatically. However I must admit that I have seen that changes to only header files will not trigger recompilation! The issue is on my todo list.

Therefore: If changes are in only header files, with no changes to .cpp files - please do a make clean

Flashing display

This is a runtime exception / error. (@raute_at interpretation is indeed correct.) If the CPU encounters an invalid instruction (by executing data for example), or it tries to access protected memory, then a hardware exception is triggered. By default all exceptions are handled by a routine that flashes the display, and turns the User button into a software reset button. The code can be seen here.

About mono_default_main.o

This is just the default main() function, its content never changes. I guess compilers works in mysterious ways, since removing it has an effect.

I hope this help to clarify the system. Please do not hesitate to ask, if you have something you been wondering about.