Status of current toolkit?

• Excited, excited... But:

Can someone give some details on the status of the mono programmer and toolkits? The link for Mac on http://developer.openmono.com/en/latest/getting-started/install.html doesn't do anything.

FWIW: I found the link for a "monoprog-v0.7.0-x64" installer, but it never completed (sat in a "Waiting for other installations to complete", without any other installations running).

• Hi jesper and everyone else eager to try out the toolchain.

I have spend the last couple of days finishing a release of the tool chain for all our supported platforms.

We would be glad, if you would like a test flight before the final release on our website :-)

You can download the installers from our Github:
    https://github.com/getopenmono/openmono_package/releases/tag/v1.0-beta3

Scroll down on the page, and you will find the installers for the supported OS's

Cheers
    Kristoffer

• @stoffera I tried the OS X version, and things did work out as expected, i.e. I could create a template project using 'monomake project HelloWorld', and make it without errors.

I could do the same on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (running on Veertu), except for some glitch with my Ubuntu installation making it impossibly slow to do the "apt-get update" steps. Doing the install manually worked fine.

• @jesper I couldn't program the device, though, as the device hasn't hit my mailbox yet ;-)

• @jesper said in Status of current toolkit?:

I could create a template project using 'monomake project HelloWorld', and make it without errors.

Great news! Can you run make install from inside the project without any missing dylib errors? (I am referring to any issues with missing Qt libraries)

I could do the same on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (running on Veertu), except for some glitch with my Ubuntu installation making it impossibly slow to do the "apt-get update" steps. Doing the install manually worked fine.

Also great to hear! Thank you so much for your help with testing.

If anyone else downloads and tries out the software, please feel free to share your experiences.

• @stoffera said in Status of current toolkit?:

Great news! Can you run make install from inside the project without any missing dylib errors? (I am referring to any issues with missing Qt libraries)

Yes, it was just fine:

✔ 11:31 ~/Mono/HelloWorld$ make install
    Could not find any suited serial port
    Programming app to device...
    /usr/local/openmono/monoprog/monoprog.app/Contents/MacOS/monoprog -p HelloWorld.elf --verbose 1
    Programming Mono device with HelloWorld.elf...........
    Mono device not detected on USB ports.
    Make sure that Mono's bootloader is waiting for Host communication.
    No connection to Mono device.
    make: *** [install] Error 2

In fact, this output was identical to the error message on Ubuntu.

• Thanks, that what should happen when no mono is attached. All is good :-)

• I am also able to build the hello app, but the Clock gave me lots of problems due to hardcoded paths. It would be cool with a instruction on what is expected where.

I used the Debian installer.

• @nikolaj Same experience here. Workaround: I copied the .h and .cpp files into a blank project, and it worked.
    I got the source from the kiosk repo, but I guess they are primarily meant for binary distribution. Or perhaps they just haven't cleaned them up yet...

• @jesper said in Status of current toolkit?:

Or perhaps they just haven't cleaned them up yet...

Yup, most app repos need some cleaning up. We plan on turning some of them into tutorials on developer.openmono.com